Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Two rugged weeks ahead for the Boilermakers

Starting tonight (home against Penn State), surprise Big Ten co-leader Purdue has five games over a two week span, including trips to Indiana and Wisconsin.

This mid-February stretch is notoriously taxing, particularly for young teams. Purdue has nine players on the roster averaging between 20 and 22 minutes a game; Four of them are freshmen, and two of them are sophomores.

Further, they have put together a seven game win streak against conference opponents, which no objective observer could have expected.

Frankly, I haven't managed to watch any games this year. Hell, I don't know if I could have if I had tried. I just checked the listings for tonight, and the game isn't on the VHF broadcast channels that I can pick up. In fact, I can't find it in the cable or U-verse listings.

Anyway, these two weeks will be a test.

4 comments:

alslee said...

It appears to me that Yahoo Sports Broadcast will have tonight's game on line. You must register and I didn't explore far enough to determine if it is a free service. YOu could check it out.

Gock said...

Darn. Subscriber only (and I think it's audio only).

Gock said...

Beat Penn State at Mackey. That's the easy part.

Saturday night, 9 pm, at Wisconsin. Big balloon go *POP*!

alslee said...

I guess that's why folks hang out in bars.